- Use your hands to wash your face like you would a newborn baby– very gently. Use Vanicream Bar Cleanser for sensitive skin, which is available at Walgreens.
- Use a layerable routine that includes a gentle cleaner, medicated pads to eliminate bacteria, SPF and a resurfacing serum with glycolic and lactic acids.
- Stay away from benzoyl peroxide, which can be drying and irritating.
- Use a non-comedogenic sunscreen.
- Be open to in-office procedures. For severe inflammation, injection of a steroid at the site can give rapid relief of symptoms. The Picosure laser, which is FDA approved for treating acne scaring, can resurface the skin in as little as three treatments and significantly reduce acne. Platelet rich plasma treatments, which involve spinning down a small amount of your own blood and injecting it into the skin, also give good results in a few weeks.
No routine is one-size-fits-all. Call today for a consultation with one of our physicians, and let us customize a treatment regimen for you.